http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Summertime in the City

Not much new to report on the poker scene. Long Holiday weekend, included 3 rounds of golf, a cookout and some Miller Lites in the sun ! I may try to get back on track this week, but I am planning on helping a couple friends move…so the poker action may be limited this week.

My favorite recent hand was last Thursday night, 50-100 on party poker. A couple players limped in and I checked from the BB with K2. The flop came down 552, the SB checked and I bet. The UTG limper called, and everyone else folded. I had just played a hand against him earlier that he peeled in a similar situation with no pair then raised me on the turn. I three bet him with bottom pair, he called (still with no pair) then I checked the river and he fired again with no pair and I called. So we defiantly have some history. Now in this current hand, a jack peels on the turn, for a board of 255J, I bet again and he calls. The river was another jack for a board for 255JJ, so I am playing two pair with my king kicker, I fired again. This bet is close and probably a bad bet (but very close); I would have bet an ace for value and a king is close. If he is thinking at all he likely puts me on a 2, which is now counterfeited, and he may call the river with as little as ten high. He calls my river bet, my hand is shown and his is mucked, King high gooood. Now I must check the hand history and see what trash he called all the way down. As it turned out, I got lucky on the river he had me all the way to the river, until his pocket threes were counterfeited…ahahaha, he called the river with 3 high, nut low, nice call sir!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home