http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Thursday, May 18, 2006

Strange BUT True


Driving back to Boston in the pouring rain Sunday afternoon after making the mothers day tour of duty I am thinking / talking to myself…which is completely normal right ?? Anyway the topic of conversation meanders and finally gets to poker. I decide I am going to really make a strong effort to make as much money as I possibly can before I leave for Vegas June 28th. I will be spending the better half of the summer playing cash games and tournaments out there during the World Series of Poker. This is always a very expensive trip. Besides paying rent out there as well as a mortgage here, I just closed on a rental property that is another expense until it is occupied. Then Vegas in itself is a very expensive place to spend a prolonged period of time. With an endless supply of great restaurants, bars and clubs coupled with every poker player from around the world being there for the summer there is always someone looking to do something. I don’t even like to think about how much I spent last summer. As much as I will try to monitor these expenses it is bound to happen again to some extent. Anyway this has given me the drive now to make as much as I can. I know the way to do this is multi table party poker. This week has been going great; until today when I did not feel like playing. I try to force myself to play a little…then all of a sudden every opponent hits every hand and I can not make a pair. Three 100-200s on PartyPoker missing every hand, losing in the neighborhood of three 50inch plasmas, then it happened….all my competitive juices were flowing. I did not want to do anything except play poker. Seems very strange to me, but the more I was losing the more I wanted to play…all said, I was able to get back about 1.5 of those plasmas I let the people inside my computer borrow.