http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Friday, March 03, 2006

Smooth Sailing

Red Sox opening night, err or well actually the first game of spring training, seems like a good enough season to have a few drinks celebrating that spring is only around the corner. GP decided he wants a bottle of Blue Label Johnny Walker. Unaware of the cost or what this actually is, I decide it can’t be that bad, so I go for it. I jump in a cab head to the packie, they give me some funny looks when I'm asking about the JW Blue, which they don’t carry, but ask me what the “special” occasion is, I laugh and say just some weird friends. He tells me the next best thing he has is JW Gold. After arriving and breaking the bad news to GP, he doesn’t seem too upset “settling” for the Gold bottle. I mix my JW with coke and ice, download the MLB package and pull up the Sox game, while GP proceeds to drink it on the rocks. Anyway spring training games just aren’t that exciting, watch some of the B’s victory, but before long the conversation leads to poker. Next thing I know we have an empty bottle of JW and 2 shorthanded online 100-200 poker games going which we both have 50% of the action. GP is driving (playing the games), yadda yadda yadda we are stuck (losing) about 5k. He decided to smoke a cigarette so it's my turn to drive. He passes out on the coach yadda yadda yadda we are stuck 8k. Man so much for a fun night out. I crack open my second and only remaining beer in the apartment and began to focus, time to stage a rally and get out of this mess!!! Not quite sure what started it or how it happened I began flopping pairs and the deficit was shrinking, in-between some snoring GP asks how we stand, -5k, -3k, -6k, -2k, daylight (getting even) is in sight. Badda-bing, badda-bang, a few hands later, and the tally is calculated and a victory is scored +2k, one-thousand apiece, was there ever a doubt??? Just in time to grab beer and slice of pizza before last call.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home