http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Super Sunday and a Lil' Holdem

SuperBowl Sunday was day 2 of the 300 + rebuy NL Holdem event, Shaniac was 2nd in chips with about 25 left. A few of us watched the end of the football game before we were able to head into the tourney room and see the massive amount of chips Shane had accumulated. When the the final table began, Shane was a commanding chip leader, with about 800k of the 2.5million in play. He systematically knocked out player after player building his stack to 1.6 million before taking the lions share of the 3 player deal and earning himself a cool 215k, nice work Shane!!!!

Not having a huge interest in either side of the Super Bowl we decided to watch the game in my room with a couple people and play the "Sunday Circuit" of online tourneys, this week it included a 215 stars, 215 party, 216 Full Tilt, 200 Paradise, and 33+30 Satallite to the main event in LA. I had a great day in these tourneys, making 3 final tables! The satalite I came in 4th out of about 200 people, only giving away 1 seat so this is was all for not, on FTP I came in 8th, and Dise came in 5th. Its good to make it deep in these but the money is soo top heavy you really have to win.

My favorite live game hand of the past couple days actually cost be a bunch of money, but I dont think I have laughed this hard at a poker table in a long time. We were playing 300-600 holdem, with 1 main bad player in the game, as soon as he was out of money the game was over. He is a Mexican Surgeon, one of the nicest guys I have played with, but clearly does not play Holdem well and does not care about the money. If you slow down in a hand or refuse to reraise him he calls you a chicken... a very very funny situation. Now he raises my BB and I call with 89 offsuit, the flop comes Q92, I check he bets I call, the turn is a 8 I bet into him, he raises I 3 bet and he calls. At this point I think he has a big pair or some Q, when the river comes a 10, I dont like it but pretty sure my hand is still gold, I bet and he calls ?!?! I must win if he cant raise...I show my hand 89 two pair and he then shows me 3 tens !!! This is when the funny part starts, at the same time, about 3 people, start mocking him, yelling "chicken, chicken, you're afraid to raise, chicken." Anyway he takes down the 6800 dollar pot and I cant do anything but laugh with the rest of the table. A good time had by all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home