http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Home Sweet Home

After crawling through another day 1 main event, I was unable to get much going on day 2. I doubled my 12K stack early on, when my 66 beat out AK, but didn’t win another pot from that point on. My final hand AQs vs AK and AA, there was a brief hope when I flopped a flush draw but didn’t get there. This has been my recent trend in these things, making it through day 1 with a average or slightly below average stack then busting out on day 2. Maybe my day 1 game plan needs to be changed to give myself a better chance at making it deep in these top heavy payout structures. Something for me to think about.

Once out of the Main event Friday at 5pm, I immediately looked for the first non-stop flight from Long Beach to Boston. I was out of LA by 9pm and home in Boston by Saturday morning. The first weekend back in the city was completely poker free. Had a good time at a friend’s party Saturday night. Then Sunday was a long day of drinking, red neck style, for the Daytona 500. Who even knew I liked Nascar ?? But daytime drinking with some good friends is always a fun time!!

Im thinking about getting back into an online schedule of poker this week, but still a little burned out from all the poker the past month.

2 Comments:

Blogger Richard Brodie said...

It's normal not to get far in most tournaments. That's what makes them an emotional roller coaster.

QL

3:48 AM  
Blogger Mike May said...

Personally, I think I would have just moved all-in.

3:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home