http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Monday, March 20, 2006

Losing + College Hoops = Very Little Poker


Since coming home from California, I have not been able to get into a groove. I have not been able to string together a streak of wins. While this has been happening I feel like I am compounding the downswing by missing bets with big pairs. I have become so accustomed to losing with them, that I am playing them too passively. I know in the past I have become more driven and motivated while losing, but for some reason this time, I don’t seem too eager to get back on the horse. I have not played nearly enough hours or hands lately to break out of the slump. I have been playing mostly 2 games instead of my normal 4, and playing fewer hours than normal. I know I will snap out of this, I just need to stay focused and continue to try and play my best every session.


Along with losing, which in itself makes poker less enjoyable, CBS has been showing 8+ hrs a day of college basketball. This makes playing poker and bleeding away large sums of money the clear second choice to watching the drama unfold in the fight for the NCAA Championship. With no basketball for the next few days, I may try to get a few thousand hands in….we will see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home