http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Wednesday, July 26, 2006

The Main Main Event

Between the WPT and ESPN there seems to be a 10k event every couple of weeks. During the past year I have played 5 of these big events, but starting friday is THE MAIN EVENT. The World Series of Poker Main Event is the culmination of a 5 week stretch of smaller buy-in events, ending with a 6k+ person field. Anyway the field is so big they have to have four seperate starting days. I am beginning on day 2, Saturday July 29th...wish me luck and follow the action on pokerwire.

Lately I have logging a bunch of hours of live poker, nothing too noteworthy. I played in a shootout 100-200 holdem game. There was very little "poker" being played in the true since of the word. Most pots were 5+ handed with many preflop raises, and multiple people staying in all the way to the river and playing "showdown poker." Also played a session of BOTQ (badugi, omaha, triple draw, stud hi low regular), where I managed to spend the entire session clawing my back from an early deficit and book a modest win.

This past friday a bunch of us went to the Palms Friday Pool Party. We were able to get a poolside cabana and have a "few" Miller Lites and enjoy a fun day in the sun. Shane Schleger found a good picture of the group of us at the palms that he posted in his blog. I will leave you with a picture of the fashion show on the pool runway that the palms provided for us....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home