http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Friday, July 14, 2006

Vegas Update

Not sure what my last tourney update was but they have all been the same lately...blah blah blah...I am taking a few days off from tourneys. I skipped the 2500 shorthanded, and 2k Nolimit the past two days. I am also skipping the 3k limit tomorrow.

The last week or so I have been playing mostly cash games. Some 100-200 and 200-400 Holdem, 100-200 BOT, and 100-200 and 200-400 BT, with a brief stint of 10-25 PLO mixed in. My results have been great in the draw games. But I know the variance in these games is extremely high, and my recent winning may be contributed to variance...but I feel there are players in the game that are making many fundamental mistakes that can not be overcome.

200-400 2-7 Triple Draw Hand
I raise UTG with 2357 and get cold called in 2 spots and the BB comes along. Everyone draws two cards and the BB checks blind, I bet blind, everyone calls. No one improves. The BB checks again and I fire again with my 1 card draw. The first cold caller looks at his two cards and raises me. This could mean a wide variety of things, beginning with improving to a one card draw, all the way up to making a strong complete hand. The next cold caller reraises, the BB folds and I look at my hand and see I caught an 8, for a 87532. I call 2 bets cold here,then the guy that made the initial raiser 4 bets; we both call. I decide to break my 8 and try and improve. The four bettor stands pat and the other player angrily draws one card also. I check dark, the 4 bettor bets and the other player folds. I am squeezing my last card and looking to catch a 4 for the nuts, but end up catching a 6, and improve my hand to 76532 and contemplate raising but decide to only call. I am shown a 76432 and lose a monster pot, but feel like I played the hand well on all streets. This is the first time I have broken an 8 playing live 2-7 and improved my hand and still lost...ahh poker rules!!!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Schneider said...

Professional industrial wastewater treatment contractors charge high fees for cleaning wash water, so many companies prefer to buy their own filtration systems. Click Subscribe to Email below to receive alerts when new articles about diabetes are posted. A newer invention is the rechargeable battery, also known as a secondary battery.

7:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home