http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Friday, May 11, 2007

Queen of clubs, Queen of spades

The last thoughts that ran through my head, as I busted out of the foxwoods 3k deep stack event yesterday. I have made it a point to memorize my suites when playing live poker so I will not ever have to look back down. I have 62k in chips, a middle position player opens for 15k, someone flat calls and I move in, average is just less than 100k at this point with ~75 players left. The first raiser calls and the second player folds 99 face up. I am unable to fade a king on the flop and his KJ prevails, sending me back to Boston.

I really feel like I played well yesterday, never getting too involved and building my starting stack of 30k up to 120k at its peak. My first big pot came when I opened 10-10 in late position for 9k and the button moved in for 42k. I had to call 33 more with about 25 dead in the middle. I really didnt want to call because I had a big stack and loved my table. I had climbed from 70k to 120 without ever risking much. But getting almost 2-1 I called and he instantly asked me if I had "two overs?" Before this had time to sink into my head, he flips over 2-2, I am like duh I have 2 overs, maybe you should be more concerned if I have a pair ??? Anyway he wins the "race" with a deuce on the flop for close to 100k and Im back to an average stack struggling for survival.

Your options are much more limited when you dont have any extra chips in these tourneys. When I was double average I managed to get involved with a couple of the weaker players and pick up the pots when they gave up. But now being shortstacked I just had to wait for a playable hand, queen of clubs, queen of spades...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home