http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Monday, February 26, 2007

Quick Exit

Arriving at my new table, I see the same guy to my left that had AA vs my KK yesterday. And as it would turn out he would seal my fate. The tenth hand of the day, I opened for 6k from the cutoff with AA, and he flat called on the button. I was hoping one of the blinds would attempt some kind of squeeze play here, but they both folded. Based on my play with Edvin Davoudi, he knew I was pretty solid and normally not too far out of line. The flop came Q-10-2 with two spades, I had the two black aces. I lead at the pot for 8k, and he called. I had ruled out QQ and TT based on his preflop action. So when the turn came a red seven, I checked it to him, knowing he is a fairly aggressive player and would likely make a stab at the pot. He obliged and bet 16k, I had 57k total, and decided to move in for 41k more. He thought for a while (much like he did with KK the previous night) before finally calling and showing me pocket two's for a flopped set. I hate tournaments....