http://i48.photobucket.com/albums/f226/smaz776/P1010058edit_edited.jpg Floating on Water

Floating on Water

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Live Poker

Home from Atlantic City. Overall I was a small winner in the cash games but after you subtract hotel expenses, food/ dinners, and general spewing of money I ended up coming home with slightly less than I left with.

Although this trip was far from a gigantic success I plan on playing a lot of live poker in the next few months. My next trip will be Commerce in a couple weeks.

In my final session this trip I played one hand that really really pissed me off. I opened in early position with 88, a MP fish calls and a solidly playing BB calls. The flop comes J92 rainbow, I bet they both call. I am pretty sure the fish has nothing and is just peeling with whatever cheese he called me with preflop. The turn comes a 4 making the board J92(4), I bet, the fish folds and the BB calls. As soon as he calls I feel like he has a pair and is not folding, but unlikely to have a jack because he would have riased me at some point. So now the river comes off an ace, and it goes check check. ugh as soon as I checked I am pissed at myself..before I even see his hand, I am ready to jump off a bridge for not betting this river. Now I am waiting for him to show me his f***en nine and him scooping the pot. (If I bet this river, with my tight/ solid image, he would be hard pressed to now call with 3rd pair on this ace high board.) Luckily for me he shows me 66 and my 88 takes the pot. I guess this is just a nuance of not playing a lot of live poker and completely blowing a hand. Although I got lucky and didn't lose the pot, I made a major error that I hope I can correct/ eliminate by getting in more and more live hours and capitalizing on many basic real obvious live tells.

The next couple of weeks I plan on hanging out in the Boston area, watching the Red Sox hang on and win the AL East. I am also running a half marathon on October 7th so I will hopefully continue training and put up a solid time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Maine Connection said...

Welcome home .... good luck on the 7th! Sorry we won't see you in Aruba, we leave on Sunday ... E & E

7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home